Evening All (or morning, I didn’t post promptly….)
We are approaching the last few hundred miles now and have been looking at likely arrival times. We will not struggle to sail quickly for the next two days as we have strong winds forecast. Consistent 20+ knots. However, even sailing at full tilt we would be making landfall around sunset on Monday evening. And at sensible speeds more like midnight.
We have taken the decision to have another night at sea and approach Barbados with the morning light on Tuesday. In effect this means we have 12 hours to use up between now and 0600 Tuesday.
So, if you’re looking at the tracker and wondering why we have suddenly slowed right down, there’s your answer. Rather than get close and mooch about we will ease off and sail slowly for the last 48 hours or so.
We’ll keep you posted.